HD display 13MP camera and a 8″ touchscreen, the Amazon Echo Show 8 (2nd Generation) uses video capabilities to expand on traditional Alexa functionality.
Equipped with dual-band Wi-Fi and four microphones, the Amazon Echo Show 8 (2nd Generation) connects to your home’s wireless network and allows you to intuitively play music, video chat with friends, check the weather and traffic reports, hear sports scores, watch videos, and more.The built-in microphones allow the Echo Show 8 to respond to your voice via its two 2″ drivers; with Amazon Alexa built-in, you can ask the Echo Show 8 for the weather and traffic details for your commute, among other things. Bluetooth is also onboard, enabling the Echo Show 8 to wirelessly pair and play audio from a variety of audio sources, such as smartphones and tablets.
Stay in Frame While You Stay in the Loop
Get everyone in the frame easily when catching up on a video call using a 13MP camera that automatically pans, zooms, and frames. Connect quickly by asking Alexa to call family and friends who have the Alexa app, a compatible Alexa-enabled device, or apps like Zoom.
Alexa can show you to-do lists and appointments, along with updates from your favourite news sources. Check the weather and traffic as you head out the door, see how your favourite team did last night, or cook along with step-by-step recipes.
Enjoy a Smarter Smart Home
Paired with compatible light bulbs, thermostats, and more, the Amazon Echo Show 8 (2nd Generation) lets you control your smart home using your voice or the interactive display. You can also schedule Routines, or even start them with your motion. When you walk into a room, the lamp can turn on or music can start to play—just like that.
Look in When You’re Out
Securely access the built-in camera to look around and get peace of mind whenever you want. You can also use Alexa Guard with the Echo Show 8 to help you keep your home and family safe. When you set Guard to Away Mode, Alexa can send you Smart Alerts if your Echo device detects the sounds of potential intruders, smoke alarms, or glass breaking.
So Many Ways to Be Entertained
Catch up on today’s news and sports highlights. Watch TV shows, movies, music videos, or movie trailers from Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, and more. Stream music from Amazon Music, Apple Music, and Spotify, or cook along to a step-by-step video with Food Network Kitchen.
Simple to Set Up and Use
Just plug in Echo Show 8, connect it to the internet, and ask Alexa for music, weather, news, and more.
All Your Photos, Right Here
Use Amazon Photos or photos from Facebook to turn your home screen into a digital frame. See your photos rotate with other home screen content or as a slideshow. Your favourite pics will look great in any light, thanks to adaptive colour. Prime members also get unlimited cloud photo storage.
Designed to Protect Your Privacy
Alexa and Echo Show devices are built with multiple layers of privacy protection. From the mic/camera off button and built-in camera shutter to the ability to delete your voice recordings, you have transparency and control over your Alexa experience.
Amazon Echo Show 8 (2nd Generation) Environmental Considerations
You don’t have to be an environmental scientist to make sustainable choices. Amazon considered sustainability in the design of this Echo device. Here’s how:
- Materials: 10% post-consumer recycled plastics, 100% post-consumer recycled fabric, and 50% post-consumer recycled plastic in power adapter
- Device Packaging: 98% of this device’s packaging is made of wood fiber-based materials from responsibly managed forests or recycled sources
- Low Power Mode: To reduce its energy consumption, this device will enter Low Power Mode when it is idle
- Alexa: Track and manage the energy usage of your Alexa-connected devices with the energy dashboard in the Alexa app
- Amazon Kids+ via a Separate Subscription
- Alexa can help kids learn and grow while having fun along the way. And with free parental controls from Amazon Kids,
- Alexa will automatically give kid-friendly responses, filter explicit songs, and block shopping. Children’s privacy is important.
- Discover how kids can use Alexa, watch helpful how-to videos, get answers to FAQs, and more.
Amazon Echo Show 8 (2nd Generation) Accessibility Features
- Alexa captioning and closed captioning
- Screen magnification
- Colour inversion and colour correction options
- VoiceView screen reader to use gestures to navigate the screen and hear spoken feedback about the items you select
- Additional Privacy Features
- Wake word technology
- Streaming indicators
- Additional Features
- Neodymium speaker drivers with a passive bass radiator
- The Alexa app is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices, and is also accessible via a web browser
- Alexa speaks English and Spanish
To view the full range of Amazon products, click here.