Google Chromecast is the media streaming device you need! This nifty little gadget plugs into your TV’s HDMI port, powered by a USB cable included with your Chromecast, and turns your TV into a smart TV. Now you can use your phone, tablet or computer as a remote to directly stream Netflix, Youtube and more!
5 Uses for Google Chromecast You Didn’t Know About
- Google Chromecast is a great way to stream Netflix, Youtube and even Spotify but did you know that you can use it for your business presentations on Google Slides? Keep one in your office for presentations and wow all your clients with this sophisticated presentation mode or take one with you, instead of lugging HDMI cables and adapters, the Google Chromecast is compact and portable and can stream presentations straight from your smartphone.
- Take Google Chromecast on vacation! Why limit yourself to hotel channels? Watch all of your favourite series at the hotel with your Google Chromecast, due to it’s portability, it’s easy to pack and it will provide a little bit of comfort away from home. Make sure to pack a portable wireless router and plug it into the Ethernet port in the wall. Then plug your Chromecast into the HDMI port on the TV and connect it and the device you’re using to cast to it.
- The Chromecast also allows you to play games! Get your groove on with Just Dance Now or serve up some nostalgia with NES emulator CastNES. Or play Pictionary on the big screen by downloading Doodlecast to an Android device and then just casting the screen. Download games to your Android or iOS device to use your phone or tablet as a controller, while the game runs on your TV. This also works great with Jackbox games!
- Cast Spotify to your TV for parties, workouts and more. This is a great feature to use your TV speakers to really get the music pumping, if you really want to step up your music sound though, we recommend rather streaming your music through a Google Home Assistant or Google Home Mini.
- Cast your photos on your TV. This allows you to share holiday photos with friends, or simply view them like a slideshow for a 21st birthday party, bachelor/bachelorette party or any other special occasion.
What’s the difference between Gen 2 and Gen 3?
The Google Chromecast smart device is available in Gen 2 or Gen 3. While both work just as well to stream your content, we find Gen 3 to be faster. The 3rd Gen supports 1080p streaming at 60 frames per second. They also have slightly different designs, the Gen 2 is also available in red, yellow and black, whereas the 3rd Gen is only available in black. Both are compact and portable.
Why spend exorbitant amounts on smart TVs and competing smart TV products when you can get a Google Chromecast? This smart device can also link with your other Google smart speakers, to turn your home into the ultimate entertainment hub. We don’t see a reason not to get one!
Shop Your Google Chromecast Now